Friday 11 November 2016

Why I Blog -#IMABLOGGER Tag!



Hey guys, let's get right into this week's post (I'm not too sure about an intro so we will skip it)

First off, I love the whole concept of creative content, if you saw my post about content creators I am 100% here for supporting people and their passions. I've always loved the idea of creating content myself, and initially I thought a youtube channel would be the route I would want to go down, but the older I got the less I felt that's something I would do. I love Youtube and perhaps in the future I may make a channel but for now alongside all my other commitments, I just don't see it happening.
I don't know when I started getting into blogs but I just love the whole feel. My blog isn't as aesthetically pleasing as others that I love reading but I'm still a newbie so I feel I have time to perfect it.

I have always had a passion for reading and writing (cliche I know) but seriously. I use to read constantly but as I got older and more stressed I felt like I didn't have time for it anymore with the exception of things like this. I use to think I wanted to be a writer when I was younger and instead of playing when I was at my childminder's house, I'd ask to go on her computer and start writing my novellas on her Microsoft Office. I was that into it.

I also have started blogs before when I was much younger but they really didn't turn into anything. I must've created a blogger account in like year 8/9 but I probably made one or two randoms posts about Barry M polishes and left it at that. But when I came to uni, in one of my modules I had to make a blog again, using wordpress. I ended up loving that particular module, I even got a 1st in it, so go me! I actually really liked the idea of posting even though most of my posts were on fashion and not so much lifestyle which I feel is more my sweet spot.

Anyway, after that semester I left the whole blogging thing for a few months then decided I want to make it a more permanent thing. So I moved the whole blog to Blogger from Wordpress, with the help of youtube and wrote a post to say this is going to be a real thing from now on. And here we are a few months later with me still writing posts!

Now onto the #IMABLOGGER tag. This was created by Youtuber "Its Her Persona" I did find her through the BloggersOC account. So thank you to them for always supporting our posts!

#IMABLOGGER:

1.  How did you come up with your blog name and what does it mean to you?

It's literally the same as my Twitter and Instagram handle. RenBreaux is a mix of my name and Frank Oceans real last name. I'm a die hard Frank fan. I also felt his last name was really cool and it made me think of Creole New Orleanians. I'm not from there but New Orleans is somewhere that I find super interesting. I've had no urge to change my handle as I think it suits.

2. When did you start your blog and what did you want it to be known for?

I started it about a year ago and I suppose I want it to be known for lifestyle posts that are relatable, and even if they're not maybe they'll make people think.

3. What apps do you think have helped you in terms of blogging and why?

There are so many apps that help blogging. Twitter is probably the most useful to me. I get inspiration from other blogs and I can search them up using hashtags or looking at blog accounts, such as BloggingGals or BloggersOC.
Buffer and Bit.ly help with the technical parts, i.e. getting all my tweets out and shortening my blog links.
VSCO cam is a photography app that I know loads of people use. It's great for editing photos and adding to your aesthetics.

4. What techniques have you used to help brand yourself or your blog?

I'm terrible at this. So I can't really say. Apart from making sure all my social media accounts have the same name. I can't say what I've done. It's something I need to work on.

5. What other bloggers am I inspired by and why?


Gracie Francesca. Youtuber and Blogger. She's a great writer and content creator. She touches upon so many issues that people refuse to address even though we're in 2016 and I would think people would be able to get over this stuff. She talks about her weight, her self harming in the past and sex. I think so many people can find something in her content that relates to them.

That's all the questions in the Tag and I enjoyed answering these questions.

I hope you liked this post and you should definitely answer these questions if you're a content creator!

Ren x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig