Sunday 16 October 2016

Weekly Recap #2 - Quitting, Wanting Change, Work Experience with Channel 4 etc





Two posts that aren't too far apart it's a miracle!

No but really I am a bit proud of myself for not having a huge gap between posts, being a student and working basically full time makes it hard to be consistent with content but trust me I will get there eventually!

I really enjoy planning Weekly Recap posts, it's basically just me getting to go on about all the random thoughts and things that have gone on recently and writing them down is quite therapeutic. A lot has happened in the last week or so for me so I'll just get into it.

Quitting My Job

In my last weekly recap I was toying with the idea of leaving one of my jobs, because I simply couldn't keep up with the amount of stress put on me as a result; update - I left the job I've had for nearly a year. Well technically I haven't left I've handed in my two week notice - so from next week I will have officially left. I felt so bad handing in my notice but I decided that I have to put my sanity first, ahead of work engagements. I'm part time which is something they knew when they hired me, being a full time uni student means I need to always remember that is my priority for the next few years. I know I will probably visit everyone there loads, as I truly enjoyed my time there.

Struggling With My Workload

Relating to the first section, I really found myself struggling with everything on me this week. I know I've said my workload is different. I feel if I had enough days in the week I wouldn't struggle as much as I have been. But I don't and so I did. A breakdown of my week is:
Sunday - Work
Monday - Work
Tuesday - Work
Wednesday - Lectures - then work at night
Thursday - Lectures ALL DAY
Friday - Free in the morning  - then work at night
Saturday - Free in the morning - and you guessed it, work again\

I know, fun.

So please someone help me figure out how in this time I am meant to find time to study for 4 different modules, thoroughly and to the best of my ability. I've tried but it really burns you out.

Wednesday morning I needed to go to my lecture and as I tried to get up and finish off work that I couldn't finish before I just shut down. I knew I couldn't go into lecture with unfinished work, even though it doesn't go to my final grade, I felt so defeated by the fact I couldn't do it. I feel so motivated to do well this year but the amount of work I was putting in wasn't syncing with how much I actually have to do. So I spent Wednesday catching up on work, and I do feel a bit better.

Spending

Let's just accept the fact that I will always spend like a crazy person. I will always find a way to justify my purchases to myself and that's my biggest problem. Doesn't matter who tells me "Renny you know you don't need this" I do, trust me, I do. I have a tab open right now for PrettyLittleThing.

Work Experience With Channel 4

Super great news, I got accepted for a week of work experience with Channel 4! I applied in August on a whim after seeing a friend post about it on Facebook,  I probably wouldn't have even thought to look for work experience yet if I hadn't seen that. I got an email last week telling me that I have been invited to take part and I was so shocked. I'm not sure why but I was really under the impression that so many people would apply and I really wouldn't be picked. But I was so yay! I'm embarrassingly excited about this. It starts in two weeks and I get to go home next week for the first time in nearly 2 months and then prepare for it. I think I'll probably write a blog post on my whole time there as I haven't had any type of work experience since year 10 and that was at a WHSMiths. So this is way more riveting.

Joining the Gym 

I joined the gym, I've gone like 3 times. I'm going to try to go today. Everytime I go my body aches for days after. I hope I get use to it because if not I will have a serious problem.

Wanting Change

This isn't as deep as it sounds, it's aesthetics based. Lately I keep thinking about changes I want, I haven't had dark hair in ages and I really want to go back to black hair. I also always have fairly long hair so I kind of want a long bob type of thing. I'm scared it won't suit but hair is just hair right. Also I have been thinking about piercings a lot. I had my nose done last year but had to take it out. I'm so set on repiercing it after my work experience(and seeing my mother) so I feel that's something that will definitely be happening within the next month. Also really want to get a tattoo fairly soon but we will see if I do that.

Focusing On My Health 

I came to the realisation that I'm burning myself out. I called my mom and spoke to her and she told me that I need to remember that it's okay to be selfish in terms of looking after your own body and mental health. This is something I often forget, I'm so use to having made so many commitments, and feeling so obligated to do them all that I end up drained, drinking multiple cups of tea and whenever I have more than 20 minutes to myself - I fall asleep. I rarely do anything for myself that isn't watch youtube videos for a bit before I have to rush off to do something else.

I'm going to try to make sure in future I take more time for myself even if it's only one day in a week where I get to truly unwind, I owe that to myself. It's the least I can do after all I need to look after myself in order to accomplish all these goals anyway, right?



I hope you liked this weekly recap and I hope you liked the last post I did on toxic relationships, if you haven't read it go ahead and do that!

Ren x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig