Saturday 4 February 2017

The Art of Not Giving A Fuck - Self Confidence Journey




This isn't a guide to how to be confident because I can't give a generic guide for everyone to follow. I just don't think that's possible. But it is what I've learnt and how my self confidence has grown over the years.

No One Can Tell Me About Myself


This may come off as conceited but really they just can't, not after everything I've been through. As I know my own journey and because I had my worries growing up, I know I'm very over this stage and therefore, I'm allowed to tell myself I'm the shit because I am the shit. So are you.

Everyone has their own personal journey and that's something we all have to remember. Some more than others go through a lot more within themselves when it comes to personal issues and so we all should try to be a bit more kind.

Confidence Is Built Over Time

Confidence is definitely something that is built over time and trust me sometimes it can take a lot of time. I don't know about others but as a kid I was so painfully shy and virtually anything could embarrass me. I feel bad for my mom. But thank God that shy girl feels like a different person and now I can't imagine what it feels like to have other people dictate my life.

I went to an all girls school and if anyone knows that struggle, they will know that girls are mean. Looking back I'm convinced that 70% of my self confidence issues stemmed from being in this environment. But at the same time it helped build me up and caused me to have an outlook that I possibly wouldn't have if I didn't, so it's not all bad. Girls are very quick to talk bad about other girls and it can cause more problems than they will realise, but I'll talk about that in another post.

For anyone who reads this post, remember to put everything in perspective. Really, when it gets down to it, who are these people that are here putting you down. If someone is looking at you who truly cares? They don't have any effect on you unless you let them. "Oh my God they're staring at me, I must look terrible." Orrrr perhaps you look good as hell and they're jealous? See, all about perspective people.

If you're in a educational setting, it's even easier, even if it doesn't seem like it. Cause I can tell you now, there's basically no one from secondary school or college/sixth form that whose opinion you will care about once you leave. Not one. Obviously if you're still close to people that's great, but truly those people wouldn't make you feel self conscious anyway.

In terms of passions, everyone is worried about other opinions when starting something new, if you have something that you're excited about any negativity surrounding it should be gone. Even when I started blogging, I was extremely embarrassed about it just because it's personal. It's something that I'm doing and putting work into. My blog is like my "art". And like Erykah Badu said "I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit"

Some advice for those who are conscious about their content, always be proud of what you put out. You will be more likely to get worried and upset over the opinions of others if you aren't happy with what you're doing yourself. So make sure you're in love with everything and no one will be able to try to tell you otherwise.


Never Sell Yourself Short

This basically sums up everything I've been saying, but I just can't emphasise it enough. Always believe in yourself because above all else, this is what matters. If you don't carry yourself like the Queen or King you are, no one will treat you as one. That's not okay. If we're talking about your hustle, it's all about selling it, right? So if you don't believe in it how on earth will you get others to take it in? Exactly...

Take that time to work on yourself because that's what's important.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig