Wednesday 29 November 2017

Being Confident In My Style





There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable, if you're constantly fidgeting with a skirt that you feel is too short and shifting your dress about that just screams "I am not confident in this outfit."


Even though 90% no one is looking or even really cares about your outfit (and if they are, that's their own problem) you still don't want to feel like that.

Personal style is just that personal. It has taken me years to feel confident in how I dress and my sense of style still changes day by day, it's all down to how I'm feeling. Despite this general comments of "Oh you dress different" "Hipster" and "Funky" get thrown in the air a lot more than I would expect, especially when I'm only dressing in a way that makes me comfortable. But my version of comfort can be considered anothers version of outlandish. But that is one of the great things about fashion it's diverse, it very rarely upsets me if I catch someone staring at me because that won't really do anything for me.



As I've got older I've definitely taken more daring choices in terms of my fashion sense just because I can. So what if I faux pas I can just throw the outfit at the bottom of the laundry pile and forget it ever happened. It's fun to take risks and dress outside the box at times. Also I feel like how I dress is a representation of me, and when you consider my interests and the type of industry I want to go into it only makes sense for me to "dress the part" Minimalism isn't my strong suit in terms of dressing and despite the fact I'm partial to an all black outfit with one statement piece whether it be a jacket or extravagant earrings.

If you're struggling to find that confidence in terms of dressing outside your comfort zone, start small. Statement shoes, jewellery etc are easy ways in. Clothes are not as scary as we tend to think.

Coat - ASOS

Ren x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig