Friday 13 April 2018

So I Fell Off...























Oh I've missed blogging, it literally feels like ages since I've had the time to sit down and just compile my thoughts. If you don't follow me on socials here's a quick catch up on what I've been up to.






I Went to Amsterdam

My boyfriend and I went away for a few days, and I loved it. It's actually our first trip together and it worked out perfectly timewise (being two weeks after my birthday and a week after his). Just being in an environment different to ours was super refreshing and very much needed. It's also sparked a need to travel in me and I am not constantly on Skyscanner looking for great deals to countries within Europe (before Brexit fully takes in and ruins all my fun)

I Started an Internship 

So I secured a PR internship for a pretty well known shoe brand in London and I've been working with them everyday for the past three weeks or so. It's definitely been a learning experience and I know it's something I needed to give me a push in the direction I want to go in. It's also confirmed that this is the type of career path that I think suits me despite only doing the lower graded work at this point. The commute into central every morning is something I'm not such a big fan of but I do know I will have to keep it up as just about every  fashion brand has some type of office in London (with the exception of Missguided and PLT)


I'm Deep in Dissertation Time
Because I'm working full time, I only have a few hours in the evening (basically none because I tend to pass out after the first 30 minutes of me being home) and weekends to get bulk portions of my dissertation done, and I'm plodding along nicely but believe me I'm feeling the stress. Not to mention I have two pretty big projects due shortly after my disso hand in but because I'm so aware of the looming deadlines I do feel a bit more comfortable in the fact that I am working my ass off during the time I have free.


My Blog Took a Backseat

Not so proud of this one but it's obvious for all to see, during this awkward adjustment period my blog has definitely taken a backseat. Which I feel is somewhat understandable, as someone who has never worked this many consecutive hours Monday-Friday and also has about 20,000 words to get handed in over the next month or so, something had to give. It doesn't however get rid of the blogger guilt that I feel when I know I haven't been consistent or I can't put finger to keyboard and get down my ideas. But as you can see, I'm working on this one as we speak (or you read).

If There's A Technical Term For a Near Grad Having Future Prospects Anxiety - I Got That

There must be a name for this, but over the last week or so I got it bad I just felt super overwhelmed by the knowledge that soon I'll have to be a full on adult, not a uni student who can justify not  having her shit together because of that fact she's a student. Also because of my internship I became even more aware of the fact I want to succeed and just so badly. But because of how competitive the field I want to go into it, I started to have doubts about whether I'm doing enough or am I even enough to go where I really want to go. My mom and boyfriend have tried their hardest to get these thoughts out of my head so thank you to them, but I think it's only natural to feel this way especially when you're seeing people everyday who are in the field you aspire to work in.


So in short...that's me right now, no big resolve just a general mishmash of what's going on in my life right now.

How's life for you? Hopefully going a lot smoother than mine.

Ren x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig