Tuesday 22 May 2018

Four Things I Learned From My PR Internship


So I completed my internship a few weeks ago and I feel like in the short time I was there I learnt a hell of a lot.

Commuting Is A Killer.


So, if you're already a working girl and you're doing the 9-5 commute into work you're probably reading this like "duh" but I literally only attend uni twice a week and have all my other days to myself (excluding my part time work) so commuting everyday to be in the office for a 9AM start was not an easy feat. After the first week or so I can say it definitely gets easier and the routine doesn't drag on you as much.  But the fact that after I graduate I will be doing that daily and pining for bank holidays like the rest of these adulters is not something I'm rushing towards.


Keep A Notebook On You At All Times

Having a notebook is essential when you're constantly learning new things, and being given new responsibilities. I took notes for just about everything and was constantly jotting down ideas for my own blog which would come to me during work. 


Don't Be Afraid To Speak!

This is so important, I made sure to speak to everyone in the office and ask them everything I could. My basic questions were; "how long you've been in the industry, did you take on a lot of internships beforehand and is there any advice you could give me?" I was eager and there's no problem with letting people know that. I feel it made me more memorable and I learnt a lot from it. Everyone I spoke to gave me an insight that I didn't even know I needed, but was super beneficial. It made me even more determined to get into this career.



Enjoy The Experience. 

Getting an internship is an amazing feeling! Even lumped with the commute and working for free. Working in Central London was something I loved. Being in a job that was focused around fashion? That was amazing to me and I loved every minute. 



Ren x 














  


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love that tip about talking to people where you work! I often let my shyness get the best of me, but work is such a great and easy way to network!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig