Friday 3 March 2017

How I Stay Organised




Naturally I'm a very unorganised person and I've spent majority of my life stressing out because of my lack of organisation but one of my aims this year was to get my shit together and get better with how I run my life. So far I seem to be managing better than I thought I would and this is how I do it!

Lists

I find to-do lists almost fun. Is that weird? Probably but hear me out, when you have a list of all this stuff you need to do and you're ticking it all off, you feel accomplished and  so "girl boss with her shit together" it's just a good feeling. I have the app Wunderlist which I find works best for me. It's also super handy as I can connect it to my Macbook and my iPad and it'll update my lists no matter what device I'm using.



Daily Journal 

I got a daily journal around the same time I got my pink marble notebook but never used it until recently. It was literally under my bed for a few months, but now it's being used and I love it. I always admired those people who always had their planner colour coordinated and with stickers for special events but that's just not me. My planner is laid for me into sections; Notes, To-Do, Objectives/Projects and a 24 hour timetable. I find this very helpful as otherwise I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of sorting it myself.

Creative Notebook

I have a creative notebook which is also my space to "brain dump" as weird as this sounds it's how I literally offload any ideas and just let my creative thought process run wild. Something which I learnt on work experience, is that when you have so much going on it's helpful to have somewhere to put all these thoughts just to clear your mind. Ideally once a week just so you feel fresh for the new week but really do it as much or as little as you need to.


Setting Daily Goals

Daily goals just help get stuff done, even if you may not realise it, you tend to get overwhelmed by a lot of the smaller things as well as the big projects you may have to get in order. This is personal preference but I like adding some of the smallest tasks into my daily goals just so I know I have them done even if it's just "hang up the laundry."

That's how I stay organised, do you have any tips on how to keep on top of your day-to-day life? Let me know

Ren x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig