Thursday 9 August 2018

Is Styling For Me? #RenBreauxStyles - JADON Dr Marten Boots







So lately I've been thinking a lot about personal development. Like I've mentioned a million times I am a massive overthinker and a chronic worrier so thoughts about me and my future creep back into my head a lot. There's so much I want to achieve in what feels like a tiny amount of time, these goals being both personal and professional. One of these goals, is expanding my blog in a way that is both creative and I feel extremely passionate about. I feel like I am so much more eloquent when I am speaking as opposed to trying to get my thoughts down in one post, they often become a rambly mess that I feel is sub par (even though I get good feedback so thank you!) 


I feel like within the sea of fashion bloggers, think piece maestros and DIY gurus, I just don't know where I fit in. That's extremely frustrating for me. When I look back to my older pieces for answers, I get disheartened because I can see I was getting more views then and I wasn't putting as much effort into my content as I am now. Some of my outfit posts have done better than carefully thought out "Let's Talk" pieces. 
 I feel my think pieces don't come across as well as I would like and that's okay. I also know that sometimes I feel an overwhelming sense of "ugh" when attempting to write a longer post and just not getting it. I feel like constricted, and a massive sense of writer's block take over which is extremely demotivating. 

I am thinking of taking it back to basics. I feel within this market you start to think just posting your outfits isn't enough when in actuality, why can't it be? I enjoy the creativity that comes with putting outfit together and I get excited when I get a new piece just because of the endless ways I think I can make it part of my style. Styling others is not something I've ever attempted to do because, to be honest, I've never been given the opportunity. But right now, I have this platform which I can use to show my style and hopefully give others some outfit inspiration? So I'm going to do that. 


I decided to start this new series with a current favourite that I'm sadly not getting much wear out of because it's been so HOT in the UK recently if I attempted to wear these bad boys I would literally die of heat exhaustion (yes, from my feet alone. They're hardcore). 

THE 'FIT
Jadon Boots - Dr Martens

But yes the shoes in question are none other than the Jadon boot from Doc Martens. Now these were pretty hard to get a hold of but I got extremely lucky. I love them and I know when the weather cools down a bit I will be getting my wear out of them. 

I paired them with a summer trend piece; the cylc short, okay if we're being honest this is a unitard which I threw a shirt over but the look is still the same. I wasn't a fan of the cycle short look originally but the more I saw it, the more it grew on me. Yes it's a super sporty/casual look but that doesn't mean it can't be dressed up (which I could also do a post on if anyone wanted) 

 The yellow tee is from PrettyLittleThing and I love it. I didn't realise how much of a fan I could be of basic slogan/graphic tees but I am. They're kind of my thing at the moment. I tied it into a knot because I'm a fan of any cropped look and there's my outfit. 

Let me know your thoughts on personal development; am I the only one who seems to constantly have the future on her mind? Also do you think days of the outfit post are dead? With so much media around do you think just showing off an OOTD isn't enough anymore?

Ren xx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig